Walking On Sunshine
Join the "Walking on Sunshine" Event
1) Register by clicking join a team and select/search "Walking on Sunshine" through this website.
2) Once you register, you will run or walk your registered race distance at your own pace at a location of your choosing anytime during the week of August 15-August 22,2020. Events can be completed in a single day or throughout the week of August 15-August 22, 2020. Your designated race must be completed within that week in order to receive your finisher's medal by mail.
3) To show you have completed your race, track your miles and send in screenshots of each work out. Your finisher's medal/ribbon will be ordered and mailed following the event. (There are many free apps you can choose such as Map My Walk, Map My Run, etc, screen shots from other activity trackers like FitBit and Apple Watch are also acceptable).
4) Please email screenshots of your completed mileage to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org by August 23rd, 2020.
5) Medals, ribbons and other incentives earned through fundraising will be ordered and mailed to participants who have completed their challenge after the event has concluded.
6) When you sign up for this virtual run/walk you agree to abide by the Center for Disease Control (CDC)'s recommendations for the prevention of the spread of COVID-19 and attest to having read the CDC's guidance at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html.
7) As you are completing your miles, please share your photos with us on the Camp Sunshine Facebook page and Instagram by using the hashtag #spreadthesunshine2020
**Registration is intended to be easy. If you need any help, please let us know. Just send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org .
About the Walking on Sunshine Virtual Run/Walk
A virtual walk/run event will allow Camp Sunshine supporters to complete the challenge on their own. You will run or walk your registered race distance at your own pace and at a time and location of your choosing. You can complete your distance anywhere you prefer, whether it's in a park, throughout your neighborhood, or even on a treadmill. The location is 100% your choice.
Fundraising Options & Incentives
Everyone who registers to participate and completes their designated challenge will receive a ribbon or finisher's medal by mail. We encourage everyone to run/walk with a purpose and fund raise through this site. You can also fund raise by creating your own Facebook fundraiser.
If you choose to create a Facebook fundraiser, you MUST record of all donations you receive from that platform as "offline donations" in your participant center on Team Raiser. We are unable to confirm Facebook donations in real-time. If you want to get credit for those donations and receive fundraising incentives, you must keep track of your Facebook donations on your own through Team Raiser.
Everyone who raises an additional $150 will receive a cotton t-shirt (unisex sizes), $250 fundraisers will receive a tech shirt (available in men's and women's sizes). *Participants who raise more than $400 are entitled to their choice of either a cotton t-shirt or a tech shirt. Incentives will be ordered and mailed after the event.
Thank you for helping us all make a difference together!